Thursday, April 15, 2010

Home, Home on the Range






55 degrees and 20 mile an hours winds call for a covered driving range.  Sagamore Golf Center in North Hampton New Hampshire was my venue for practice this fine spring day.  Although a bit over priced (IMO) at $10.50 for a medium bucket the facility does offer a covered hitting area, an outdoor hitting area, a practice putting\chipping green and an 18 hole Mini Putt-Putt for the kids.  Food and Ice Cream is available if you are making a day of it and the grounds are always well maintained.


I brought the video camera along to analyze my swing later on.  I still pulled the ball with most of the clubs in my bag but not nearly as much as before. I worked mostly on lagging the club at the bottom of my swing. I have a tendency to get a little too quick through the ball and flipping my hands under.


After reviewing my video I can see that I am taking the club to far back in my swing.  At the top it is almost crossing the swing plane completely a la John Daly. This is causing me to pick my head up at the top and dip during the downswing.  It is also preventing me from bringing the club head back to square and causing some shots to push off to the right.  


If anyone out there in the golf universe has any good drills for helping with this please feel free to comment.


Cheers to all!





No comments:

Post a Comment