Monday, April 12, 2010

A Tricky Lie



Date: April 12, 2010
Tee Time: 2:00 pm
Course: Rockingham Country Club
Location: Newmarket, NH
Playing Partners: None - Playing as a Single
After hitting what I thought would be a great shot to start my round here is where I found my ball.  This would eventually lead to a triple bogey first hole.

Rockingham Golf Club is a 9 hole course situated between the towns of Newmarket and Newfields New Hampshire.  Although not necessarily a long course it offers some challenging shot making opportunities.  It has been an early spring but it looks like the greens here saw the worst parts of the winter and are going to be long in recovering.  Holes 2, 3, 6, and 7 seem to have faired worst with large patches of Brown burnt grass.  The greens are still putt-able, but don't expect the ball to react the same way as it would on a nice healthy green.

I played with a couple college students from the local University.  Engineering students who had time away from classes to hit up the links for a quick nine.

I have decided I need to force myself to go to the range a few times before going back out to the course.  Although I did hit some good shots today I am still pulling the ball to the left and I feel like my swing rhythm is off. I also need to pick up a new pair of shoes and a new putter.  At the end of last year my putter went into my bag wrong and knocked it off center.  When I put I have to manipulate the club face to square in order to hit a straight putt.

Score:
Front nine and total - 44

Until the next round,

Cheers To All!

No comments:

Post a Comment